Puja A. Sachdev is a San Diego attorney and mediator who focuses on family law, child support, and divorce cases and is a Certified Family Law Specialist by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. She received her law degree from Thomas Jefferson School of Law at San Diego, graduating cum laude with her Juris Doctorate. She is admitted to practice law in California and the U.S. District Court, Southern District of California.
As a Certified Family Law Specialist, Ms. Sachdev has met the rigorous requirements set by the California State Bar. Some of these include passing a written exam, demonstration of a high level of experience in family law issues, fulfilling specific educational prerequisites and receiving favorable recommendations from colleagues and the judiciary. In order to fulfill these demands and to continue to meet this benchmark, Ms. Sachdev continues to be an expert in the field.
Ms. Sachdev is a trained family law mediator. She received her training from the renowned Forrest “Woody” Mosten of Mosten Mediation in Los Angeles, California who focuses on cutting edge approaches to skill building and creative resolutions. Ms. Sachdev uses her mediation skills to volunteer her time with the San Diego County Superior Courts to serve as a settlement judge for court-ordered Mandatory Settlement Conferences.
Ms. Sachdev is widely recognized as one of San Diego’s top attorneys receiving honors from San Diego Daily Transcript, SD Metro Magazine, San Diego Volunteer Lawyers Program and Super Lawyers. She has been featured in the Alumni Spotlight by San Diego State University College of Business Administration, as a Mover & Shaker in Mission Valley News and quoted by Divorce Magazine and Huffington Post. She has also been a panel speaker for the San Diego County Bar Association and Lawyers Club on work-life balance for new attorneys and solo practitioners and has presented Continuing Legal Education courses to the San Diego Volunteer Lawyers Program, San Diego Law Library and the Institute of Divorce Financial Analysts.
Attorney Sachdev is also noted for her extensive background in the finance and business field. She received her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Nevada, Reno in Marketing and Management. She completed her Masters of Science in Business Administration in Financial & Tax Planning at San Diego State University and obtained the certificate for Personal Financial Planning. Ms. Sachdev enjoys the distinction of being the first family law attorney in the greater San Diego area who obtained the designation of Certified Divorce Financial Analyst ™.
• Certified Legal Specialist – Family Law by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization, 2013
• Certified Divorce Financial Analyst ™ by the Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts, 2010
• Best of the Bar by San Diego Business Journal: 2015, 2016
• Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine: 2015, 2016
• San Diego Daily Transcript Top Attorney Family Law: 2013, 2015
• San Diego Daily Transcript Top Attorney Family Law Semi-Finalist: 2012, 2014
• San Diego Daily Transcript Top Young Attorney: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
• 40 Under 40 by SD Metro Magazine: 2013
• Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Legal Services: 2013
• Standout Award – Family Law from San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program: 2012
• San Diego’s Best Attorneys – Family Law by SD Metro Magazine: 2012
• San Diego County Bar Association, Family Law Section
• San Diego Family Law Bar Association
• American Bar Association, Family Law Section
• Academy of Professional Family Mediators
• Lawyers Club of San Diego
• South Asian Bar Association of San Diego, Treasurer 2010-2011, 2011-2012
In addition to her distinguished legal career, Ms. Sachdev has been an active contributor to her community and to various charitable causes.
Clients facing a contentious family law case with major financial implication will benefit from attorney Sachdev’s experience in business and finance as well as her legal expertise. She will be an asset for any persons seeking answers to their divorce cases and related financial issues, such as dividing assets and managing an independent financial future. She will cater to the wishes of her clients, who typically wish to avoid the stressful legal battle and settle outside court. Whether the case is settled or moves to litigation, clients can rely on Puja Sachdev to be your dedicated San Diego family law attorney, to defend your rights, and resolve any unsettled issues.